Head Machine — Orgasm (1970)
Head Machine was one of Ken Hensley’s ‘contract’ projects, for which he contributed songs as well as vocals, guitars and piano parts and was credited as Ken Leslie. In 2002 he told InRock magazine that at the time producers asked him to write songs for their projects. In case with Head Machine it was David Paramor, the producer of The Gods’ albums. Apart from Head Machine, there was another project of the same kind, “Weed”.
According to Ken, he forgot about the project immediately after it was finished, and it seems that he did not judge it as an outstanding work. But his fans appreciate “Orgasm” and “Weed” as the examples of his earlier writing style.
Other members of The Gods (Lee Kerslake, John Glascock and Brian Glascock) took part in the recording of “Orgasm” and were credited by pseudonymes.
- Climax — You Tried To Take It All (D. Paramor) 6.52
- Make The Feeling Last (D. Paramor) 3.38
- You Must Come With Me (D. Paramor) 4.55
- The Girl Who Loved, The Girl Who Loved (D. Paramor) 3.35
- Orgasm (D. Paramor) 8.54
- The First Time (D. Paramor) 5.00
- Scattering Seeds (D. Paramor) 3.21
- Ken Leslie (Ken Hensley) — organ, piano, guitar
- John Leadhen (John Glascock) — bass guitar
- Brian & Lee Poole (Brian Glascock and Lee Kerslake) — drums
- Mike Road — percussion
Vocals — Ken Leslie, David Paramor, John Leadhen.
This post is also available in: Russian