Ken Hensley — Eager To Please (1975)
In the second half of 1974 Ken Hensley went to Los Angeles and began to work on his second solo album with bassist Mark Clarke and drummer Bugs Pemberton. «Eager To Please» was released in 1975 by Bronze Records (Bronze ILPS 9307). As was the case with Ken’s first solo album, no tour followed to support the release, as Ken’s main duties in Uriah Heep took up all his time and effort.
«Eager To Please» contains songs that for some reasons Ken chose not include in the repertoire of Uriah Heep. He wrote10 of 11 tracks; only the song «Stargazer» was written not by him. The 2010 CD release included a bonus track, «Who Will Sing For You», which originally was a B-side song for «In The Morning» single.
English painter Alfred Heyworth created Ken Hensley’s portraits from his photographs. These paintings were used on the front and back covers as well as on the lyrics insert.
- Eager To Please (Hensley) 4.45
- Stargazer (Clarke/Bottomley) 3.50
- Secret (Hensley) 4.03
- Through The Eyes Of A Child (Hensley) 2.21
- Part Three (Hensley) 3.49
- The House On The Hill (Hensley) 3.19
- Winter Or Summer (Hensley) 3.00
- Take And Take (Hensley) 3.42
- Longer Shadows (Hensley) 3.29
- In The Morning (Hensley) 2.35
- How Shall I Know (Hensley) 4.04
- Mark Clarke — bass, vocals
- Bugs Pemberton — drums ans percussion
- Ken Hensley — guitars, keyboards, synthesizer, vocals
- B.J. Cole — Pedal Steel (“Secret”)
- Ray Warleigh — saxophone (“In The Morning”)
- Michael Gibbs — orchestral arrangements.
Producer — Peter Gallen.
Engineers — John Fischbach and Ashley Howe
Bonus track on the 2010 CD release:
- Who Will Sing For You (Hensley) 2.50
This post is also available in: Russian