Ken Hensley — Free Spirit (1980)
Ken recorded his third solo album in 1980 after he quit Uriah Heep. «Free Spirit» was released by Bronze Records. Several musicians, including two bass players of different Uriah Heep’s line-ups (Mark Clark and Trevor Bolder), participated in the recording sessions. The album was released in the second half of 1980.
Recording sessions took place at three studios — Roundhouse and T.W. Music, London, as well as at Dodgy Demos (Ken’s own studio located at his home in Berkshire). Ken was the producer of the album, and he also did the mix, assisted by John Gallen. Mixing was done at Roundhouse Studios.
Ken wrote all songs, except for «Inside The Mystery», which was written by his friend Jack Williams. The album did not include the song «Inspiration» (it was released only as the B-side of «The System» single).
- Inside The Mystery (Williams) 4.36
- New York (Hensley) 2.25
- The System (Hensley) 2.35
- When (Hensley) 3.48
- No More (Hensley) 4.36
- Brown Eyed Boy (Hensley) 4.03
- Do You Feel Alright (Hensley) 2.52
- Telephone (Hensley) 3.09
- Woman (Hensley) 3.21
- New Routine (Hensley) 3.28
- Mark Clarke — bass (Inside The Mystery и Do You Feel Alright)
- Trevor Bolder — bass (New York и Telephone)
- Denny Ball — bass (Woman)
- Gary Taylor — bass (The System, When и No More)
- Jim Toomey — drums (Inside The Mystery)
- Geoff Allan — drums (New York, The System, When, No More и Woman)
- Ian Paice — drums (Brown Eyed Boy)
- Kenny Jones — drums (Telephone)
- Ken Hensley — vocals, guitars, keyboards and all other instruments.
Producer — Ken Hensley
Assistant — John Gallen
Engneers — John Gallen, Tony Patrick, Lawrence Burrage.
This post is also available in: Russian