Ken Hensley — The Last Dance (2003)
«The Last Dance» was recorded in February and March 2003 at Sacramento Studios (Alicante, Spain), and released a limited edition CD in 2003. The official release took place in the spring of 2004 (Sacramento SMT 3203).
Three songs, «Give Me A Reason», «The Voice Of Love» and «Give ‘Em What They Want», were written by Ken Hensley in 1985 in St. Louis («Give Me A Reason» co-written by Hensley and Jack Williams). The rest of the material on the album is new: Ken wrote these songs in 2002 and 2003, when he moved to Spain. The closing track, an 8-minute «The Last Dance (El Gitano Viejo)», is a beautiful three-part composition. Later it was used by Ken on his album «Blood On The Highway».
Russian release differs from the original one: the cover art is different, and also there are several bonus tracks — electronic dance remixes of «Lady In Black».
- Crying (Hensley) 4:46
- Letting Go (Hensley) 4:45
- Give Me A Reason (Hensley/Williams) 4:18
- Second Chance (A New Beginning) (Hensley) 5:25
- I Know Who You Are (Hensley) 3:55
- The Voice Of Love (Hensley) 4:04
- Give ‘Em What They Want (Hensley) 3:45
- Who Knows (Hensley) 5:24
- Dancing (Hensley) 4:11
- Did You Know (Hensley) 5:28
- The Last Dance (El Gitano Viejo) (Hensley) 8:27
- Ken Hensley — lead vocals, keyboards, guitar, dobro
- Ovidio Lopez — electric and acoustic guitar
- Javier De Marco — 7-string guitar
- Dani Saiz — acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- John Smithson — bass guitar
- Tommy Lopez — drums
- Angel Diaz — percussion
- Victor Carratala, Angie Rojas — backing vocals
Producers — Ken Hensley and Daniel Saiz Gomez.
Engineer — Daniel Saiz Gomez.
Mastering — Daniel Saiz Gomez.
This post is also available in: Russian