Ken Hensley & Visible Faith — A Glimpse Of Glory (1999)
«A Glimpse Of Glory» is often called a ‘Christian’ album, though the number of songs with love lyrics (‘relationship songs’) is almost the same as the number of ‘spiritual’ ones. It was the first album Ken recorded and released after his return to music. Five years before, in 1994, he released a compilation album «From Time To Time» that contained songs recorded between 1971 and 1982. «A Glimpse Of Glory» was a new musical material recorded at Hensley’s The Upper Room Studios in St. Louis, Missouri. It was released by his own label, HIS Records.
Ken wrote four songs dedicated to his conversion to Christianity; three more songs with Christian lyrics were written and performed by Danny and Pat Liston. The album also included the song «Moving In», a new version «In For A Kill» which was releases in 1984 on Blackfoot’s «Vertical Smiles». The song «It’s Up To You» was later used by Hensley on «Running Blind» (2002), and «Think Twice» on «Blood On The Highway» (2007).
In 2002 «A Glimpse Of Glory» was re-released in Britain by Mystic Records. This release differs from the original (American) one: the order of songs is different, and the album includes additional tracks — «Overture: La Tristeza Secreta De Un Corazon Gitano (Pt. 2)», «Jesus (Again And Again)» and «(Because Of) Who I Know».
- It’s Up To You (Hensley) 6.20
- Moving In (Hensley) 4.06
- One Tender Moment (Hensley) 4.44
- Guard Your Heart (Liston) 4.43
- Shakey Ground (Liston) 4.39
- Think Twice (Hensley) 5.15
- Get A Line (Hensley) 4.37
- Believe In Me (Hensley) 4.10
- Win Or Lose (Liston) 4.06
- The Cost Of Loving (Hensley) 4.24
- The Return (Hensley) 5.07
- The Joy Of Knowing Jesus (Hensley) 6.19
- Ken Hensley — lead vocals, guitars, keyboards
- Danny Liston — vocals, rhythm guitar
- Pat Liston — vocals
- Jerry Hamm — acoustic guitar
- Rich McDonough — slide guitar
- Steve Nelson, J. Hayes — guitar
- David Karns, Hunter Joseph Sprenger — bass guitar
- Mike Johnson, Preston Vaden — drums
- Betsy Bircher, Julie Moreno & “Something Special” of St. Louis — backing vocals.
Producer — Ken Hensley
Engineers — Jason McIntyre, Hunter Joseph Sprenger, Bud Martin
Mixing — Jason McIntyre
Mastering — Jack Petracek
Cover concept and design — Javier Mendoza
Photography — Mark Gilliland, Bill Parsons.
This post is also available in: Russian